People’s homeless task force orange county
This organization is a nonprofit public benefit corporation and is not organized for the private gain of any person. It is organized exclusively under the California Nonprofit Public Benefit Corporation Law for charitable and educational purposes within the meaning of Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3) or the corresponding provision of any future United States internal revenue laws.
The purpose of this organization is to spark, create, and promote ideas and programs focused on dissolving and eliminating hunger and housing insecurity for people suffering from abject poverty while residing in Orange County, California.
LIMITATIONS ON PURPOSES
1. No part of the net earnings, properties, or assets of the organization, on dissolution or otherwise, shall inure to the benefit of any private person or individual, or to any director or officer of the organization.
2. No substantial part of the organization’s activity will be legislative or
3. The organization will not intervene, either directly or indirectly, in the campaigns of individuals seeking public office.
4. At no time will the organization’s purposes and activities be illegal or violate fundamental public policy.
PHTFOC volunteers are focused on a wide variety of projects focused on helping the unhoused communities throughout Orange County; including, helping unhoused individuals navigate the county and cities homeless resources, as applicable and when available.
Below are projects PHTFOC is regularly focused on:
- collecting and distributing jackets, socks, blankets, personal hygiene kits, food boxes, backpacks, water bottles,
- providing public education at county, city, and community meetings
- practicing public oversight to stop the criminalization of the unhoused
- connecting unhoused individuals with community, city, and county temporary and permanent housing resources
- connecting unhoused individuals with community, city, county health care resources
TRUTH to POWER
Speaking TRUTH TO POWER is everyone’s legal and Constitutional Right.
PHTFOC follows the well known and important premise which states: “If you see something say something.”
The “If You See Something, Say Something®” campaign was originally implemented by New York City’s Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA), who licensed the use of the slogan to DHS for anti-terrorism and anti-terrorism crime efforts.
Today, many other individuals and entities have adopted this slogan as part of their toolkit to combat bullying, crime, environment, racism, and more.
PHTFOC has adopted the “If you see something say something” slogan in our toolkit to combat government corruption, protection of people’s Civil Rights and identifying the alleged unlawful criminalization of people suffering from abject poverty by law enforcement. additionally, PHTFOC always attempts to remain informed about many of the issues and challenges that surround the population of men, women, adolescent’s, children, and infants living on the streets throughout Orange County.
Public Law Center
Community Legal Aid of Southern California
The State Bar of California
American Bar Association
Anaheim Legal Aid & Pro Bono Services
Homeless Outreach Court
Orange County Public Defender
Veterans Legal Institute
Disclaimer: People’s Homeless Task Force Orange County does not recommend, endorse, partner with, and or have any contractual or financial agreement with any of the resource links provided within the People’s Homeless Task Force Orange County website. User(s) expressly agrees that use of the resources provided within the People’s Homeless Task Force Orange County (PHTFOC) website are used, accessed, or visited at the user’s sole risk.